Gungahlin’s So Talented
George Harcourt Inn, Gold Creek Rd, Nicholls
6:30-9pm Friday 26 March 2021
Sunday 7 March 2021 Thursday 18 March
Are you a Gungahlin local with a talent you want to share with the world? Audition for Gungahlin’s So Talented for your chance to jump up on the George Harcourt stage and see if you can impress the judges and the community! With $1,000 up for grabs, you don’t want to miss this chance for your 5 minutes of fame.
The contest is open to almost any performance-based talent – comedy, music, dance, poetry, you name it – it’s all welcome on the Gungahlin’s So Talented stage!
Submit your 5 minute audition video through the form below for your chance to be part of the action. Our team will select the top 12 entrants to compete for the glory in front of an adoring audience and live judges at the George Harcourt Inn on Friday 26 March.
Contact Gungahlin Programs Officer Michele Grimston on 0403 929 739 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Entry is open to all residents of the following suburbs: Amaroo, Bonner, Casey, Crace, Franklin, Forde, Gungahlin, Harrison, Jacka, Mitchell, Moncrieff, Ngunnawal, Nicholls, Palmerston, Taylor, Throsby.
• There are no age restrictions on entry, however performers who are under 18 years of age must have consent and provide contact details for a parent or guardian for their entry to be considered. Please note that under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if they are invited to perform at George Harcourt Inn.
• Entries are accepted from individuals, duos and trios. Larger groups than this cannot be accommodated on the stage area. Where the entry is from a group, at least one member of the group must reside in Gungahlin and surrounding suburbs as listed above.
• Acts must be 5 minutes or less. Acts which exceed 5 minutes in length will not be considered.
• Acts which use nudity, fire, aerials, weapons or any other activity which is deemed inappropriate or unsafe by the Celebrate Gungahlin working group will not be considered.
• All video auditions will be judged by the Celebrate Gungahlin working group, who will select 12 finalists to perform at Gungahlin’s So Talented on Friday 26 March at the George Harcourt Inn.
• The selection of acts will be based on quality of the performance, not quality of the video, and will also consider the curation of a diverse program of acts to perform at Gungahlin’s So Talented.
• Entrants who are selected to perform at the final on Friday March 26 will be judged by a panel of three local professional performers.
• In all cases the judge’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Consistency of Performance
• Performances at the George Harcourt Inn must match the performance supplied in the audition video. Minor refinements are allowed but performers will be disqualified if their stage act is significantly different to their audition video.
• The winner will receive $1,000 paid directly into their bank account within 14 days of providing bank details to Belco Arts.
• Copyright for all submitted works remains with the artist.
• By submitting your entry, you give consent to use the images and video you provided for media and promotional purposes by Belco Arts and its programs, the Celebrate Gungahlin Festival and artsACT (ACT Government).
Equipment and Technology
• Artists performing at the George Harcourt Inn are responsible for bringing any instruments, props and costumes required for their act and must provide a full list to Belco Arts two weeks prior to the event.
• Where backing music is to be used, a copy of the music as an .mp3 or Spotify link must be provided 1 week prior to the performance date.
• Gungahlin’s So Talented will provide speakers, 2 microphones and sound mixing for use by each act.
• Artists must take home all their items at the conclusion of the event. Belco Arts and the George Harcourt Inn take no responsibility for items left behind.
Rescheduling the Event
• In the event of wet weather, changed COVID restrictions or other unforeseeable events, the performance and judging at George Harcourt Inn will be postponed and all performers notified of the new date. If the event cannot be rescheduled within a 6-month timeframe, the judges will review audition tapes of the finalists and select a winning entrant based on these.